Tuesday 10 December 2013

other works

I came across the work of a photographer called Annabelle Nicoll, he work is fine art based and she photographs a lot of the nature and landscapes around us.

I came across this statement that she made and i found it quite interesting


'Its not what you see that informs you, but how you see it' - Annabelle Nicoll 

To me it is about how I, the individual views something which in turn will inform judgment and choices on how and what it means as a visual. 

Every one person will therefore have different views and beliefs of the same one things,  purely down to how everyone is different in viewing the same things. This is a personal thing and is most likely always going to be different for every person.

Here is a link to the photographers website in which there are some of the photographs that she has taken looking at different landscapes and areas but focusing in on the little and itneresting things that are whithin, more likely to be the things that tend to go unnoticed and get missed by people, these are more like the little things that I would notice as I view things like this very differently to most people and I always seem to be looking for the little and interesting things within the environment that go unnoticed because i tent to look for the beauty and find the best in the bad. 

http://www.annabellenicoll.com/collections/shifting-consciousness.html

I also came across the work of Victoria Upton

http://www.victoriaupton.com/Landscape#155

I am not too sure on the meaning and methodology behind her work but as an example of things that go unnoticed within the landscape and what I am thinking of her work related to my ideas and reasoning at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment