Wednesday 11 December 2013

Jessica Backhaus

I was looking into the work of Jessica Backhaus and I came across the video which I have posted below where she talks about the things that inspire her - being everything and anything, she basically goes on a journey and on that journey she looks for the interesting, magical and powerful things that grab her attention, the things that she sees as beautiful. She captures the things that she sees as beautiful and produces some really special and moving photographs.


When she is capturing her photographs she reply a lot on the light that is available to her at that moment in time, as light is one of the most important things within a photograph, the light plays a big part in the effect it has as it help to create the composition - with shadows and such. Colour plays a massive part in her work as well, a long with the composition. All of these points are things she considers extensively before deciding on the exact moment of capture. She looks for the best within things that may not necessarily be so good.

Jessica Backhaus is a photographer that I had not heard about before this, i was not familiar with any of her work at all, but now I have found myself feeling a lot more inspired that I have in a long time. I think this is because her images are so moving and powerful and she looks for the beautiful within the world, this is something that I do as well, I look for the beauty, the things that inspire me and the things that aren't as noticeable to other people. From doing a little research into her work and looking at her photographs I am starting to get a bit more comfortable in forming an idea for my fmp, they have helped me gain direction.









No comments:

Post a Comment