Saturday 7 December 2013

feedback on my thrid draft proposal

So the other day we had a feedback session in which i got feedback on my current proposal, I went into that session with a proposal that kind of had a solid idea behind it, but in all honesty I've been finding it pretty hard to put something together that I know I am going to be happy producing work for next year, and this project is the most important and I my heart has to be in in, completely.

So I was talking through the proposal that I had written and about the point in which i was at at that current moment which was basing my images around land and environment degradation. I was given some different points to go away and think about  and some different things to research and look up to improve on my proposal. But then the conversation changed and I guess something changed in my head and I realised that i wasn't going to be happy with this project, yeah I love nature and landscape photography but somehow its not really me.

David and Moira started to pick me a part a bit in respect to trying to find out exactly what it was that influences me and my concerns and such, and the things that i find the most interesting within the environment and my surroundings. A few points were mad in that maybe i was going in the wrong direction and looking for something totally different than what I should be, which in all fairness, is pretty true.

It was mentioned that maybe i should start thinking about different approaches and different meanings to things. Maybe looking for things like the hidden - the things that are always there yet aren't necessarily getting notice. I really like this idea, I think it could be quite interesting to work with and expand and explore upon, there is the opportunity for some really interesting images to be produced there.

I was also given the names of numerous photographers and a few poets/ writers to look at for influence, most of which i am already familiar with but a couple not so much.

 - SebastiĆ£o Salgado
 - Edward Burtynsky 
 - Ingrid Pollard
 - Jessica Backhause
 - Jem southam
 - Rinko Kawauchi
 - Stephen Gill
 - Eva Stenram
 - Oscar Wild
 - Liz wells (Land matters)
 - James Elkins (photography theory)
 - Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

I definitely feel that the best thing to do at this point is to look at these different photographers and different pieces of work, to gain some new inspiration and go back to the beginning and come up with a new idea that I am going to be totally happy with and one that I can use my passion to its best advantage and get the best possible photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment