Monday 25 November 2013

Feedback of my first draft..

The other day I received feedback on the first draft for my final major project proposal.

The proposal that I had written had a decent amount of information within it but it was very vague in stating what it actually was that I wanted to base my project on - all i wrote was that I wanted it to be based upon the environment/ nature and landscape. There was no definitive point. This is something that I shared with my peers during the feedback session in order to get a little bit of advice and maybe some new ideas as to where I could go with it.

I must admit the feedback session helped me a lot! I was given a few different points to consider, one being deciding on a subject matter - thinking of something that interests me within the environment, maybe something that I have an issue with or something that bothers me about the landscape.

I was also given the names of a few different photographers which was very helpful. One that has influenced me a bit and helped me to focus my idea is Richard Misrach,  his images are powerful in documenting the environment and showing the changes that have been made to them - His work is one of the things that made me think more about what it was that I wanted to do and what it was that I wanted to photograph.

There was also a few different points made about thinking of the different types of locations that I want to photograph which is something that I have started to think about but obviously need to do some more research into different areas and locations to find suitable places to photograph that will show land / environment degradation as this is what I have decided to focus on.

At this moment in time I am thinking of a variety of different things that are based around environmental degradation like erosion and how I could go about photographing that. I am thinking a lot about both natural and man made changes that could be quite interesting to capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment